[Nfb-krafters-korner] aNY HELP FOR BASKET WEAVING

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Thu Jul 18 23:16:55 UTC 2013

Joyce or Everyone,

Has anyone worked with basket weaving that might be able to answer a
question for me. I am trying to learn this craft and have purchased a kit,
with instructions. The instructions are clear but they tell me be careful in
working with the material not to break the pieces or I will have to reattach
if broken. My question is: Is it better to soak the material in water before
weaving to make it easier to weave. The kit instruction does not mention
that but it seems better if I did soak it to make it easier to work with.
Does anyone know and can make any suggestions. Thanks.
Terry KnoxY