[Nfb-krafters-korner] aNY HELP FOR BASKET WEAVING

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Jul 20 21:31:13 UTC 2013

I was told not to leave the reed soaking in water for too long.  We  only
took one strand at a time and wined it around our fist and held with a
clothes pin and put it in the water.  I don't remember what I was told, but  if
you leave it soaking for a long time it is not good for the reed.   Rewetting
your reed is simple just use a terry wash rag, squeeze  it out  and run it
down the piece of reed on both sides.  I did the same when they  showed me
how to do some baskets and used different widths of reed.  Don't  leave it in
water over night. .

Let us know how you are doing.

In a message dated 7/20/2013 4:26:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,