[Nfb-krafters-korner] LOOM KNITTING: Striped Christmas Stocking

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 06:45:19 UTC 2013

And here is the loom knit project for the month.

Folks have been asking me how much yarn is specifically needed for this
project. I really don't know. If you make a 12 inch square stocking one
skein of any kind of yarn in each color should be enough. If however, you
want to make a longer stocking, then you will have to just see how it goes.

I used less than a half skein of each color of the holiday homespun when I
made my 12 inch stocking. the homespun comes in a 185 yard skein.
Personally I think a longer stocking would look more triditional, so this
second stocking I will make as long as I can till I use up the yarn.

I've got some homework for everyone before class, so be sure to sign up soon
so I have time to send it out to you.

Cathy

LOOM KNITTING: Striped Christmas Stocking

instructor: Cathy Flesher

email: flowersandherbs at gmail.com

start date: August 2, 2013, 8:00 PM EST, 7:00 PM CT, 6:00 PM MT, 5:00 PM PCT

number of sessions: 3 (08/09/2013, 08/16/2013)

sign up deadline: 07/29/2013

level: Intermediate

requirements: Know how to knit in the round and in a flat panel.

how to create a 12 inch square stocking with horizontal stripes.

supplies needed:
1. Large gauge round loom, 31-peg (or a child sized round 1/2 gauge loom).
2. Knitting tool.
3. Two skeins of 5- or 6-ply yarn, in two different holiday colors of your
choice.

additional comments: The original pattern calls for worsted weight with two
strands (two strands of a single color, that equals a total of four strands
of yarn to work with). You do not want to go this route for your first
stocking since you will already be working with two strands of yarn (one
strand of each color).