[Nfb-krafters-korner] BEADED hemp bracelet

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 01:46:29 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Well, I have been trying to figure out why I was unable to get the strands
of the circle into my knot. I don't know if you also had this difficulty,
but if so, you may wish to read the instructions below. This is what worked
for me.

I have cut 1 72 inch strand, folded it, then knotted it a half inch before
where it folds. then I put the two ends through the loop I have just created
with the knot and made a large circle large enough to place my hand with
fingers spread through the circle.

I made another not to secure the circle.

All good, but here is the part that I had to work out.

Hold one dangling strand on each side of circle. Fold right side strand over
front of circle, but under left hand strand, to create a (d shape). .

Take left hand strand under right hand strand, and around in back (inside
circle).  Then thread strand from back to front through where the loop (d
ring) is located.

(my mistake was to bring right strand behind instead of in front of bracelet
as the first step. Silly me.

The key is that only the right hand strand is actually used in the coil
braid knotting technique.

So continuing on, make knots till you have seven or so, then slip up a bead
from the circle. Continue knotting after the bead.

Hope this helps someone.

Cathy