[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet edgings

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Wed Jun 5 18:50:56 UTC 2013

A very simple but beautiful edging are so varied.  I just made an afghan
using this one.

This looks like wagon wheels. I like to go around the afghan with a single
crochet, first. In the corners I do a single crochet chain one, then a
single crochet right in that corner. . Slip stitch to complete the edge.
Chain three. Turn. Make four double crochets in that corner.Skip two
stitches, one single crochet. Skip two make five double crochets in the top
of the stitch. Skip two, single crochet. Skip two, five double crochets and
so on.  In those corners you will have to use your judgement, but probably
seven or eight double crochets in each corner Lay the afghan flat when you
do two or three wagon wheels to see if you need more or less double
crochets.  It should without much prompting lay flat on the table.  Do the
same in all the corners.  A variation of this that is really nice also is to
shain inbetween each double crochet, except before and after the single
crochet, i.e. Skip two single crochet. Skip two (double crochet, chain one,
double crochet, chain one double crochet, skip two and single crochet.  I
think there are four double crochets and three chains in each wagon wheel
with this version.

Another pretty one is in the same stitch, one single crochet and two double
crochets, skip two and repeat the one single  and two doubles in the same
stitch.

There is also variations of single crochet chain one, skip next stitch and
so on.  Do as many rounds as you wish.  You can do the same thing with
double crochet.

Or two double crochets chain two, skip next two stitches and go around. In
the corner put two double crochets chain three and two double crochets to
square it off. Then the next row, put the double crochets in the chains.  It
looks kind of basket like.

Anyway, there is a free web seminar on I think Friday on edging at the
Interweave site advertisement. I will be there.

Oh hey try this. Chain four skip one stitch, slip stitch, chain four skip
one stich, slip stitch. Go around twice with the second row slip stitch in
the empty stitch.  It looks like a ruffle, cute for baby blankets, coasters
for cups or for candles or any scratchy statuette.

Becky and his royal fluffiness