[Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting Help Request - Double Decrease

Karen butterfly05 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 18 15:18:11 UTC 2013

Awesome Annette, I can do this!

Thanks a million!

Karen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Annette Carr" <amcarr1 at verizon.net>
To: "'List for blind crafters and artists'" <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 7:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Knitting Help Request - Double Decrease

Hi Karen,

There are many ways to accomplish a double decrease.  When a pattern does
not specify how they want you to do it, my first choice is usually to Slip
1, knit 2 together, pass slipped stitch over.  Here is a step by step of how
to do this.

1.  Put your right needle into the first stitch on your left needle as if
you are going to knit it.
2.  use your right needle to slide the stitch off of the left needle, while
keeping it on the right needle.
3.  Now knit the next 2 stitches on your left needle together.  This means
to push the first 2 stitches on your left needle together and treat them as
one stitch as you insert your right needle knitwise and knit them as if they
were only a single stitch.
4.  The final step is to lift the slipped stitch that is sitting on your
right needle up and over the new stitch you created when you did the knit 2
together, and off of the point of the right needle.  Use the point of your
left needle to lift the slipped stitch (This is the second stitch from the
point of the right needle) up and over the first stitch on the right needle.
This will take some practice to get the slipped stitch off without knocking
the first stitch on the needle off.  As far as how to insert the left needle
into the slipped stitch, I insert the left needle from left to right on the
front of the stitch.  The front of the stitch is the leg of the stitch
facing you.

I hope this helps.

Annette