[Nfb-krafters-korner] O T Knit Hair Scrunchy

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 22 14:34:14 UTC 2013

I did a google search and came up with the below info on making a knitted
hair scrunchie

Sports Scrunchies
A less dramatic scrunchie suitable for everyday wear can be made with a
commercially produced hair elastic and a small piece of knitting.

Simply take your favourite size hair elastic and knit a rectangle 4cm wide
and the length of your elastic when stretched to it's maximum length.

Sew the long ends together, making sure that you encase the elastic in the
tube while sewing. Sew the short ends together and you're finished!

These can be decorated in 1000's of ways, eg: Knit beads into the fabric,
stripes, intarsia, sequins, sew on flowers, plastic jewels, puffy fabric
paint, embroidery, fair-isle... etc. You could even make 2 tiny balls of
wool and a pair of mini knitting needles out of toothpicks and sew them on!
Or a tiny sweater! Or a mini pom pom teddy bear...
This pattern is Copyright C Sarah Bradberry December 1995 All rights
reserved.

HTH,
Annette