[Nfb-krafters-korner] Loom help

jill jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 23 21:16:25 UTC 2013

Terry,
I believe this from Henry's class notes.  If not I'm not sure where I got
it, but it is correct instructions.  Hope this Helps!

Jill

Step 7:
When your project has reached the desired length, and only one row of loops
remains on the pegs, you are ready to remove the yarn from the loom. Cut the
end of your wrapping yarn (leaving a few inches). Using a crochet hook, size
G or H, start at the end opposite the yarn tail, and lift the loop off the
odd-numbered peg with the crochet hook. Go straight across the loom to the
even-numbered peg and lift that loop off with the hook. Now you have two
loops on your crochet hook. Pull the second loop through the first.

Step 8:
Continue to the next odd-numbered peg, then even-numbered peg, and so forth,
always pulling the next loop through the previous one. After you've pulled
the last loop through, pull the yarn tail through the last loop on the
crochet hook Pull the yarn to tighten and weave the end back into your
scarf. Weave the end of your original yarn into the opposite end of the
scarf, and you're done!
Note on cast-off
 When it is time to cast off, you move the back rail loop to a front rail
loop. Then knit the bottom loop over the top. Then, starting from the right
end you move one loop over to the left, knit off. Then knit the next one and
so on until only one stitch remains. Take the working yarn, cut it and pull
it through the last loop to tie it off. Weave in the end.

You will have a loose first row and many go back and take the end away from
the starting tail and loop it through the stitch next to it with a crochet
hook or if large enough even just your finger. Go all the way back to the
beginning similar to the cast off and put the starting tail through the last
loop and weave in the tail and then both ends will look the same. Otherwise
one end looks wider than the other.