[Nfb-krafters-korner] drying flowers

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 03:27:18 UTC 2013

hi Joyce and all interested,

attached to this email is an article about how to dry flowers and which flowers are best for drying. I have done some flower drying for arrangements and I think this article is an accurate description of the process. I did a chat on making sachets and drying herbs awhile back and if you attended that chat, the process is the same, and some of the flowers listed in this article are actually herbs with flowers on them.
 this article does not mention using a food dehydrator to dry flowers, but you can use that as well, that is how I dry my herbs. so far this year I have dried some peppermint, oregano and thyme.

Cathy