[Nfb-krafters-korner] Finished the simple shrug

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Fri Mar 1 12:20:23 UTC 2013

Hi Ramona,

I do like the shrug very much.

The finished measurements ar about 38 by 42 inches.  When you fold your
piece, it will then measure approximately 21 by 38 inches.  The arm hole
measurement the pattern gave was 7 inches, but I used 8 and if the person
wearing it was rather thin, then go to 6 inches.  For finishing, I had
considered that as a possibility, but since you would be folding the neck
loosely down twice, the edging wouldn't show.  Now since there is no top or
bottom, the bottom edge could also still be used as the top edge.  I found
that the softness of the yarn and the larger hook gave a nice smooth edge to
the piece and no trim was needed.  Now once you have knitted the shrug and
sewn it together, you will have a better idea of the drape and could better
tell if such trim would be a nice addition.  I could probably see a nice
ruffle being put around the sleeve openings and that would not matter which
was the top or bottom.

If I were to use a thinner yarn, then I most definitely would knit one, but
crochetting this with the N hook worked up nice for me.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net