[Nfb-krafters-korner] My new knitting needles

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 13:59:25 UTC 2013

They are about an inch in diameter.  They are points of antlers.  The yarn
is a bulky weight.

The sender wrote the following in her email to me:

Dixie,

I got the idea from Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, who did a skit a few years ago
about the beginning of knitting, although I think she used sticks in the
skit.  I had just gotten a shipment from Moscow Fur and Hide and was looking
at them and thought about the idea.  I bought a skein of yarn and made a
scarf with them first.  I cast on 8 stitches and knit every row.  I had to
do it when the dogs were not around me because I couldn't get a stitch in
without them being in the way.  One of the needles is better than the other
one.  If I had two like that one I could probably have cast on 10 stitches.
I have a nice long scarf that can be doubled and used.

I couldn't resist.  Have fun!

 Dixie