[Nfb-krafters-korner] cable hat success

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 23:38:08 UTC 2013

hi Jill, and others,

wonderful news! how have the rest of you made out with your hats? I finished mine the other day. I used Lion brand Jiffy, which is somewhat like Hometown USA. . this yarn I had was 100% acrylic. I mention this because when I finished the hat and put it on, I found it very tight. so, just a word to the wise, when using a 36-peg loom for a hat, you might wish to always use yarn with some stretch to it. well, that is unless you are making a hat for a youth.

so into the box for the craft sale goes this hat. but that is ok, I already have one cable knit hat for myself that I made to prepare for the class as well as In other plain knit hat.

so has anyone begun their cable knit scarf yet? I have mine started, but haven't gotten too far as yet.

just to let you know, I finally completed my second  needle knit project, the box stitch  dish towel. it looks just fine.
Cathy