[Nfb-krafters-korner] braille craft bookks available to borrow or purchase

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 21:52:33 UTC 2013

hi Terry, Sunshine and anyone else interested,

this place has many books available in braille or download for purchase.  I have borrowed a number of books from them myself.
listed below are three of the loom knitting books I borrowed, but there are many other books about needle knitting, crocheting and other crafts.
oh yes, you can also send them a book and they will transcribe it into braille for you.

I also have the contact info, hours open and website listed.

happy crafting.

Cathy
Braille library and transcribing services

1991
Learn to Knit on Circle Looms
Layman, Denise
1
58
10 Easy knit circle loom patterns.

258
Rake Knitting
Dudley, Harold A.
1
39
Techniques and instructions for making afghans, sweaters, stocking hats, etc.
http://www.bltsinc.org/crafts.html

For book orders or braille transcription requests, email:
braille.blts at tds.net

They sell electronic format for $10 each. Not bad, for accessible.
And, you can borrow them in braille for free to see if you want to buy them.
Braille Library & Transcribing Services, Inc.
517 N. Segoe Rd. #200
Madison, WI 53705
USA

Phone: 608-233-0222
Fax: 608-233-0249
Email:
office.blts at tds.net

For book orders or braille transcription requests, email:
braille
.blts at tds.net

Hours
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Central Standard Time)
Tuesday through Friday