[Nfb-krafters-korner] Loom gauge???

Tanya Wheatley blind_quilter at msn.com
Wed Mar 20 23:25:44 UTC 2013

There are 4 basic loom gages and they are as follows.

Large gauge - 5/8 to 11/16 inch between pegs, which is equal to a size 13
knitting needle.
Regular gauge - 1/2 inch between pegs, which is equal to a size 10 needle.
small gauge - 3/8 inch between pegs, which is equal to a size 7 or 8
knitting needle.
Fine gauge - 1/4 inch between pegs, which is equal to a size 5 or 6 knitting
needle.

Hope this helps!

The best yarn to use with the large gauge loom is a bulky weight yarn or 2
strands of worsted weight yarn. For the regular, it is best to use chunky
weight or 2 strands of worsted weight yarn. For the small and fine gauge
looms, one strand of worsted weight works fine.

Tanya