[Nfb-krafters-korner] look of loom knitting VS needle knitting

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 16:38:30 UTC 2013

hi Paulette,

some folks have tried needle  knitting and had difficulty with dropped stitches or knitting evenly without adding or losing a stitch from row to row. loom knitting avoids  those problems. others find that it is easier with arthritis or if one hand doesn't work quite as well as the other.
personally I learned to loom knit because I had had difficulty with the first two problems listed above when I learned to knit in high school.  so when I  learned to loom knit  I loved the fact that I had success with knitting finally. then his winter a class in beginner knitting was offered on KK, so I tried that  to relearn to needle knit  and this time I was able to do it successfully. so I can now knit either way, though I can do more with the loom at this point.
so basically it is another option. if you are happy with your knitting on needles then that is fine. as it happens we just happen to have a number of folks who love the loom knitting. I was on another list where the focus was much more on needle knitting. so each to her/his own.

there are many other crafts to learn about in this group that might appeal to you.
Cathy