[Nfb-krafters-korner] My News regarding my purchases

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 06:18:27 UTC 2013

hi Sunshine,

you have enough looms there to make many different projects. around here when we talk about the looms we often refer to them by how many pegs they have on them rather than to their measurements. so for example if you have a 40 or 41 peg round loom, that is your large adult hat loom, as well as the loom on which you will make shawls. the 36 peg round loom is what you'd use to make a small adult hat. we made large round coasters on this loom as well. your 31 peg round loom is used to make children's hats. the 24 peg loom is one we use frequently, for it is good for scarves, baby hats and booties and soap sacks. 	 hmm, I can't remember which of these round looms I made my slippers on but that's one more thing you can make.

the long looms are for making flat items either in single or double knit.
so when you take the mitered square scarf class, the instructions will ask for a loom with at least 18 pegs. you can use either your long or round loom. I happening to be using a round loom myself.

sounds like you have most of what is needed. maybe I missed it, but did you say you got some bulky yarn? also did you get some stitch markers? if you didn't get markers, no worries you can use bread ties a rubber band or a washer, or anything that will wrap around a peg so you can easily identify it.

looking forward to seeing you in class. we'd love to have another loonny loomer among us! <grin>
Cathy