[Nfb-krafters-korner] Mitten class folks

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Fri May 17 18:40:21 UTC 2013

hi Joyce and mitten classmates,

I have re-knit the mitten so many times that I am afraid the yarn will wear out soon! <grin>
seriously, I took awhile to understand the concept of knitting in the round with two circular needles but finally got that. then I had to figure out how to  turn my work properly so the work  did not twist.  next I made a perfect cuff for the mitten, only to not have four needle protectors, so you guessed it, I dropped some stitches. I am going to attempt to figure out if it is possible to pick up dropped stitches by knitting backwards, but whether I can do that with two circulars, I do not know. I can do it with one circular.

so the short answer is that "
no" I am not ready to continue, but I am ready to listen and think that I can grasp what needs to be learned next even if I am not at the right place. so if others are ready, my vote is to go ahead with the next step of learning how to make the thumb hole.

Cathy