[Nfb-krafters-korner] knitting

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sun May 19 20:35:45 UTC 2013

Here I am knitting.  Hopefully I wil get this.  prayer shawl finished, well
before my friend dies.  My friend Bonnie has lung cancer.  Last year she
gave me her mother's knitting needles.  A great big role of needles.  For
those of you who know me, well, knitting is just not as fun as crochet.  So
I took our knitting class and the teacher deserves two pay raises for her
patience with me.  So back to Bonnie.  I woke up and had this wonderful
idea.  I would make Bonnie a prayer shawl using her mother's knitting
needles. So here I am knitting away.

I have a cone of happy bright mint green yarn and that is what I am using
for the prayer shawl.

Since I still need help with cast on, I just crocheted my base row.  I make
it around thirty six inches.  So how wide will my piece be? Shockingly my
stitches are pretty darn even on this probably J hook wooden needles.

Oh hey rooky mistake, shy smile.  I used an N hook to make my base row.
Oopse. I just noticed that. I just reached in the role and pulled out a well
used pair of needles, assuming her mother had used them.

Ok, your evaluation of my questions and mistakes.

Becky and Jake