[Nfb-krafters-korner] current kal at

Sarah Sykes sarahmsykes at gmail.com
Tue May 21 16:00:45 UTC 2013

At the beginning of rows, I like to use the knit cast on
1. insert your right needle into the first stitch as if to knit
2. knit the stitch, but DO NOT drop the old stitch off the laft needle
3. Place the stitch that's on your right hand needle onto the left hand
needle by sliding the point of the left hand needle into the stitch from
back to front and then slipping the stitch from the right hand needle to
the left. (both needles point the same way during this maneuver).
4 One stitch has now been cast on.
5 Repeat these steps, treating each freshly cast on stitch as the first
left hand stitch until you have all new stitches required.