[Nfb-krafters-korner] product help

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Wed May 22 00:41:50 UTC 2013

There is a product called Jot-a-Dot.  It is a portable brailler that uses
half sheets of standard 8.5x11 printer paper.  It is not a product designed
to create braille that will last forever, but rather for writing a quick
note.  I'm sure you would be able to find a number of binders or other
products for storing and organizing the half sheets of paper.

What about writing on index cards and storing them in some type of binder.
Index cards would be a bit sturdier for writing braille with a slate and
stylus.

There is also the PenFriend which has been the topic of many discussions on
this list in the past.  The labels could be adhered to the pages of a small
spiral notebook, but you could not remove or re-arrange the pages.  You
could create your own notebook of index cards with the PenFriend labels
attached and again stored in a small binder or other organizer.  You can
always keep index cards together on a binder ring or piece of string.

Either ILA of Maxi Aids carries some type of plastic tag that you can adhere
the labels to.  Each plastic tag has a small hole in it so that you can
attached it to an item or keep a group of them together.

HTH
Annette