[Nfb-krafters-korner] projects

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue May 28 13:19:38 UTC 2013

I am happy to report that I have finally put the last touches on a project I
started in 2007, just before I lost most of my eyesight.  I was working on
an encrusted bead worked piece - the "Dragon's Breast Plate." Of course,
everything came to a screeching halt for me that year, and it would be
another couple years before I could even begin to think of doing this
intricate work again. But, this piece gave me the incentive to work and
trudge through it - ripping it out over and over again, until I finally
figured out how to do it with the aid of the Acrobat CCTV - which took a
very long time to master as well since I have no central vision and very
minimal peripheral vision.

Anyway, she has been completed, photographed, and I am sending off photos of
her to be juried for a show that opens later this year in Pittsburgh. I have
entered three of my encrusted bead worked talismans - in a show called "The
New Collective" that will be at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. Of
course, I do not know if I will get my work in the show until after it is
juried. But the big thing for me is that I am now able to put my work out
for jurying again after such a long time of learning things all over again
with the help of adaptive techniques.

For those of you who have some vision, I will attach a couple photos of the
latest piece for you to see.

Yesterday, after I finished the Dragon, I laid out two new pieces and have
started work on them both. I like to work on multiple projects at the same
time, a body of work, so that things all come together about the same time
and there is a unity in the work.  Everything I do is for exhibitions in
galleries and museums, so you have to have a body of work that "holds
together" for the shows.

Lynda