[Nfb-krafters-korner] looms for newbees? was loom teachers speak up

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 20:22:59 UTC 2013

Hi Joyce and new loomers,

I don't know specifically which sized loom will be used in the beginner
classes, since I am not teaching either class, but here is some general
information about the looms needed. There are generic brands of this loom,
but I am giving you the specific information about the brand name loom. This
is the one most likely to be found in other countries I would suppose. But
this information should help you out of the states folks determine whether
you have a loom that will work for class purposes.

If you can find a set of them, this would be ideal, or get them individually
if you have to do so.
You want the round looms, the first four looms described below. The looms
have a ring with pegs sticking out of the tops of them. the pegs have
grooves on the outsides and small ball-like tops. the looms are made of hard
plastic or some other man-made product. the spacing between pegs is slightly
different on the different sized looms.  Here are the specific details.

There are other looms that are available and I have them listed, but You
don't need to worry about getting those. I am leaving in the descriptions of
the other looms for anyone who might be interested and wish to save the
information.

Knifty Knitter Looms Technical Specifications
Technical Specs for the Knifty Knitter Looms
Measurements by Brenda Myers, 2007 (updated 2008 & 2012)
Knifty Knitter Large Gauge Round Looms
.
Yellow round loom: 41 pegs, center peg to peg spacing of 0.875"; diameter
from outer edge to outer edge is 11.5" and from inner edge to inner edge is
9.875"
.
Green round loom: 36 pegs, center peg to peg spacing of 0.75"; diameter from
outer edge to outer edge is 9.5" and from inner edge to inner edge is 7.875"
.
Red round loom: 31 pegs, center to center peg spacing of 0.75"; diameter
from outer edge to outer edge is 7.5" and from inner edge to inner edge is
5.875"
.
Blue round loom: 24 pegs, center to center spacing of 0.625"; diameter from
outer edge to outer edge is 5.5" and from inner edge to inner edge is 3.875"

Other looms available

Peach round Flower loom: 12 pegs, center to center spacing of 0.75";diameter
from outer edge to outer edge is 3.5" and from inner edge to inner edge is
2.25"

.
Purple Adult Hat Loom (not shown): 48 pegs, center to center spacing of
0.625"

Knifty Knitter Long Looms
.
Original Purple Knitting Board: 14" long, 18 pegs each side, plus horizontal
anchor pegs on each end for a total of 36 knitting pegs, 13/16" from peg
center
to adjacent peg center.
.
Pink long loom: 10" long, 12 pegs on each side plus 1 peg on each end for a
total 26 pegs; 11/16" from peg center to adjacent peg center
.
Yellow long loom: 10" long, 12 pegs on each side plus 1 peg on each end for
a total 26 pegs; 11/16" from peg center to adjacent peg center
.
Green long loom: 18" long, 24 pegs on each side plus 1 peg on each end for a
total 50 pegs; 11/16" from peg center to adjacent peg center
.
Blue long loom: 22" long, 30 pegs on each side plus
376
1 peg on each end for a total 62 pegs; 11/16" from
peg center to adjacent peg center

Cathy