[Nfb-krafters-korner] my craft projects, and how are yours going?

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 02:42:14 UTC 2013

Hi again all,

I was telling you that I finished the knitted hat from Paulette's class.
Well, I have already found it a home. I asked my daughter tonight if she
thought her boyfriend would like it and she said that it looked nice and she
thought he would. So I gave it to him and he was very pleased. He said he
liked the chocolate brown color. The next hat I make will be more
decorative.

Someone asked me how it looked different than a loom knit hat. Well, for
one, the hat does not have a brim, it just rolls up. It is made starting at
the bottom and after about six inches decreases are begun. The top part of
the hat has six different sort of sections to it, which is where the
stitches of the knit 2tog are located. it is a basic hat that can be
embellished in various ways even making cables, which I don't know how to do
on needles yet. The nice thing about the hat is that it is made with size 8
needles which make a tight weave with the worsted weight yarn and I like
that.

Cathy