[Nfb-krafters-korner] Origami Class - One Snip Star

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Nov 13 18:05:15 UTC 2013

This class is up on the website now and we will be taking sign ups until
November 25. for this class.

In a message dated 11/13/2013 3:56:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
stephlin at iafrica.com writes:

Hi  all,
I will be presenting an e-mail origami class that will start on 2
December. You will learn to create a 5 pointed star by first making a few  folds and
then completing the project with one snip of your scissors.
With  e-mail classes you will receive an e-mail each day or two, which will
take you  through the various steps of the project. You will also be able
to communicate  with the instructor and with other class members via a
dedicated e-mail list.
All you w            ill need is some  rectangular copy or printer paper
and medium-sized scissors.
Of course,  once you know how to make this model, you could use any
coloured or textured  paper to make your stars.
I'd like to invite all members to try this class.  No experience of paper
folding needed and you don't have to worry about the  cutting either. You are
only going to make one snip and it doesn't have to be  perfectly straight.
If you have never tried paper folding or origami, why  not give this class
a go? You might be surprised at how much fun it can be to  create shapes and
objects from a simple piece of paper!
This is one of  those projects where you do the steps of folding, then the
cut, and then,  finally when you open your model, you will be surprised with
what you  find.
This will definitely be a good activity to do with the children and
hopefully just in time for the coming festive season.
This model also comes  with a little lesson on U.S. history, so don't miss
it.
For new members,  below you will find the basic class info as it appears on
the KK  website.
Go to http://www.krafterskorner.org
Find the heading for  "classes", and on the new page you can move to the
heading of "origami" or  search for the word "origami".
Follow the instructions from there and feel  free to contact me for more
info or help, or you could ask any of the other  members on or off list if you
need help signing up for a class.
The closing  date for sign up is 25 November, so please hurry on over and
sign up.
I  look forward to welcoming lots and lots of members.

Sign Up Date: 25  November 2013
start date: December 2, 2013
level:  Beginner
requirements: None
you how to make a 5-pointed flat star from  one piece of standard-sized
rectangular paper by first folding the paper, and  then completing the star by
making one cut with a pair of scissors. These  stars can be used as ornaments
and for various occasions and children's  projects.
supplies needed:
1. Standard rectangular copy or  printer paper, 3 or more sheets.
2. Medium-sized scissors.
additional  comments: All members are very welcome. Come and join this
e-mail class to  work at your own pace, and don't worry if you find cutting with
scissors a  challenge. The one cut you will make for this model is fairly
easy to master,  even for those of us without any sight.
Nfb-krafters-korner  mailing  list
Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org