[Nfb-krafters-korner] Crocheting, loom knitting, knitting, beadwork, and ...

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 20:28:12 UTC 2013

You have come to the right place and we have classes coming up on all that
you asked about.

set of four knifty knitter round looms and the square 4 peg loom. I  have
made hats and scarves on these using the stitch where you just wrap  around
the pegs and pull the bottom loop over the peg. Where should I start  by
getting myself more involved with this craft?

We will have 2 phone classes for Christmas ornaments the first week of
December using the loom.  Please go over and check out the supplies needed  and
sign up for the class at: _www.KraftersKorner.org_
(http://www.KraftersKorner.org)

I also want to get more into beading. I made several pairs of  earrings and
bracelets a couple of years ago with sited assistance, but I  would love to
be able to make more things independently

Lisa MaMaria will be teaching a mystery beading class via email beginning
December 2.  You need to sign up by Nov. 25 for that class.  I am not  sure
what the project is, but she has taught earrings and a bracelet class in
the last 2 months.  This will be her first email class with beading so I do
recommend you take the class or contact her to check out what the project
might  be.

Since our classes are done by phone conference or email, verbal
descriptions are  what our teachers use to explain what the hands are  suppose to be
doing and shapes of beads, etc.

Lisa Maria will be repeating her bracelet class December 6 via email this
time.  This is a bracelet she designed and she taught it last month via
phone conference.  She is offering it by email so our students outside the  USA
will be able to join the class.

We encourage folks to do a "Try It Class"  to check out how we do  classes.
 Most of our teachers are blind/visually impaired or work with the  blind.
If you enjoy your Try It Class, then we ask you to become a paid  member of
NFB Krafters Division[Krafters Korner]  which is $10 July to July  or any
part of that time.  We have a PayPal link on our website or a link  to send
an email to our treasurer for her mailing address.

So check out the above at: _www.KraftersKorner.org_
(http://www.KraftersKorner.org)

In a message dated 11/16/2013 12:26:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
set of  four knifty knitter round looms and the square 4 peg loom. I have
made hats  and scarves on these using the stitch where you just wrap around
the pegs  and pull the bottom loop over the peg. Where should I start by
getting  myself more involved with this craft?

I also want to get more into  beading. I made several pairs of earrings and
bracelets a couple of years  ago with sited assistance, but I would love to
be able to make more things  independently.

Any advice on these crafts would be awesome.