[Nfb-krafters-korner] ot: thank you all!

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Sat Nov 30 22:12:22 UTC 2013

Yes,   I do remember my first National NFB Convention and I, too  felt all
alone and that everyone knew everyone else.  I did not go back the
following year to the convention and I did not know if I would go back.  I  got
involved in my state the following year and learned so much from other blind
folks in my state that were part of the NFB.    Without the  friends that I
have met that are blind I would never have been able to do what I  have done
so far in the last 16 years living with total darkness.

Each day I learn something new and hope to share it with someone like  you.

National Convention is such a networking place and an opportunity to get so
 many questions answered and you are in the majority.  If you want to go to
 convention and need a friend to hang with, be sure you come 1 day early
and I  will get together and introduce you to some of the Krafters Korner
folks or just  come and sit at our table in the exhibit hall and chat about
Krafters  Korner.

In 15 years I have missed 2 Conventions.  One was the year after my  first
and I stayed home.  The other was in 2011 when my Grandson was born  the
week of convention.    I look forward to Conventions, but  they are a lot of
work especially for me and others.

In a message dated 11/30/2013 4:28:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,