[Nfb-krafters-korner] New to our list?

Melanie Peskoe melaniepeskoe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 19:57:19 UTC 2013

Hi Joyce and all -
I'm pretty new to this list and I'd like to introduce myself. I live in
Louisville, Kentucky and I'm the current president of the local NFB chapter.
I have two children (a 13 year old daughter and a 6 year old son) and two
boxer babies (Merkle and Roxie) - well they're not really babies in the
traditional sense as they are senior gals, but they're my babies just the
same. I recently graduated with a masters degree in public health and I'm
currently job searching. I love crafting - just about any and all crafts! As
I mentioned earlier I have been crocheting for a very long time. I started
out just making granny square blankets and they're still one of my favorites
to do. I now make lap blankets and baby blankets a lot and I have recently
started crocheting amigurumi (Japanese crochet animals). I crocheted my son
a minion from the movie Despicable me. It was really easy and turned out so
nice. I also like plastic canvas, but I've not done much with it. I've
started trying to knit with circular needles and I've only been able to make
washcloths so far! I also love to read, I love to listen to NEWSLINE, and I
love to connect with friends on HeyTell. That's probably more information
than you were asking for, Joyce! I'm eager to get to know you all and craft
with you. I have registered for the loom knitting class that starts tomorrow
so I can at least listen in and jog my memory of the looms from when I used
them years ago. Everyone have a good evening!
Melanie