[Nfb-krafters-korner] Reverse single crochet stitch

Paulette Vickery paulette at evickery.com
Sun Oct 20 18:00:13 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have 6 granddaughters and I am going to make each of them a crocheted
cradle purse for Christmas, out of pink and white worsted weight yarn. I
bought 1 skein in each color, of Lion Brand's, Pound of Love yarn. I have
never made one, but I hear they are really cute. From what I have heard, it
is a purse that is also a cradle. You buy a 4 inch doll and put it in the
bunting and hat that you make along with the purse. Anyway, the trim calls
for using the reverse single crochet, or, as it is sometimes called, the
crab stitch. I want to learn how to make it. I have tried, but somehow, I
just can't get the hang of it. Could someone please write me off list, or on
the list, for that matter, and tell me in great detail, how to make this
stitch? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Paulette