[Nfb-krafters-korner] triangle looming patterns

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 23:28:23 UTC 2013

Clarifying question, but first ...

Why eat when you can loom?

Anyways, this is something I was never clear on. If you put the slip
knot on peg one, do you wrap peg one or avoid it altogether? For
scarves and hats, I've been wrapping the peg above the slip knot and
being careful not to knit it off when casting on. I do knit it off
when knitting off the loops on row one. In fact, I often take the tail
of the slip knot and wrap it with my working yarn so I weave it in as
I go.

LM

On 10/28/13, Barb Roland <barbwire59 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are different ways to increase, but for the purpose of a triangle
> shawl where we simply want to add new stitches at the end, this is what we'd
> do
>
> Ok, for increasing for a triangle, lets do this in garter stitch but you
> could use any stitch patters
> you want and you would increase on the knit rows
>   cast on a certain number of pegs, lets say 3
> slip knot on peg 1, wrap peg 2, turn on peg 3
> Going back the other way, peg 3 is now considered peg 1, don't do anything
> else to it
> purl peg 2 and turn on peg 3 and knit off
> Next row we will increase  by 1
> slip peg 1, wrap peg 2 and 3, turn on peg 4. ( you just increased by 1 peg)
> now purl back the other direction, just don't purl that last peg, just turn
> on it.
>
> Got to eat, will try to explain the decrease in a bit.
> Barb
> On Oct 28, 2013, at 5:29 PM, Lisamaria Martinez <lmartinez217 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm right there with Melanie. I want to do more things like shawls and
>> blankets and all kinds of bigger projects that are not scarves and
>> hats and socks.
>>
>> I'm finding that written loom patterns are really scarce. There are
>> tons of stuff on YouTube and lots of pictures. That's why I was
>> contemplating a triangle shawl of my own creation. I just need to
>> remind myself of how to decrease and increase.
>>
>> Thanks for any help down the road.
>>
>> On 10/28/13, Barb Roland <barbwire59 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> ok, first suggestion for patterns is to check out ravelry.com do a
>>> search
>>> for loom knit patterns than just browse and dream and add to your