[Nfb-krafters-korner] thinking ahead

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Wed Oct 30 18:41:50 UTC 2013

Yes, this is the baby sweater that I did before.  I actually changed  the
pattern once again so it does not have the yoke with the lace type hole
design.  I did it as a garter ridge, so the yoke is more unisex.   Joann's has a
fantastic assortment of buttons, but I defintely have gotten a  couple of
accounts thru button dealers to keep the price for the buttons  down.  I also
blindly look on EBay, too.

I have found sock monkey buttons and put them on a brown sweater.

When I give one as a gift, I get a teddy bear or stuff animal and put the
sweater on it.  Then I tell them That here is their first teddy and their
first sweater and when the baby grows out of it, they can put it back on the
bear.  I have had someone come back to me and pull out the Teddy bear and
remark, they can't believe that sweater fit this 10 year old when she was
born.

Maybe I will do a teddy with a sweater for our fundraiser.  I don't  think
I could hold my interest long enough to do a blanket.

I am curious to find out what this sweater looks like that I have on my
needles now.  It is one of those self design yarns that is suppose to  create
flowers and stripes.

In a message dated 10/30/2013 1:49:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,