[Nfb-krafters-korner] New Origami E-mail Class - Open Pouch or Packet

Lindy van der Merwe stephlin at iafrica.com
Wed Sep 4 05:58:18 UTC 2013

Hi to all list members,
I'd just like to let all know that another e-mail class for folding an open pouch or packet from one piece of paper will start on 16 September.
The deadline for sign up is 9 September.
The class description can be found below this message.
To those who are new on the list, please come and join us for this fun class.
You can sign up on http://www.krafterskorner.net the same way you do for phone classes.
E-mail classes run for about two weeks. You will receive e-mails with step by step instructions on how to fold, in this case, a packet or pouch from an 8 1/2 by 11 inch rectangle of paper.
You can use any printer or copy paper you have on hand, or even magazine or newspaper or gift paper cut to size.
You can work at your own pace and ask questions on or off list and receive answers from me or from other list members.
We have had lots of fun with origami in the past, so I'd love to welcome all past and new class members.
This class is for beginners, so no prior knowledge of paper folding is needed.
Hope to see all of you there!
If you have questions, you are more than welcome to contact me via e-mail at
stephlin at iafrica.com
Lindy

Class Description: This class will be taught via an email list. It will teach you how to fold a small, open pouch or packet from one piece of rectangular paper. When folded, this pouch is open at the top, but it can be closed using tape, glue, staples, ribbon, stickers, or any embellishment of your choice, making it perfect for presenting small gifts. It can also be used as an alternative to the origami cup, for holding dry treats like pop corn or crisps at a party. Handles can be made by punching holes at the top of the bag and attaching ribbon, cord or yarn.
supplies needed:
Three or more sheets of rectangular paper.
additional comments: All members are welcome. Come and join this e-mail class and work at your own pace. Learn to whip up a handy container by using only one sheet of paper.