[Nfb-krafters-korner] Edie Eckmen Workshops

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Thu Sep 5 12:18:39 UTC 2013

Annette, that would be so nice to actually meet in person. Maybe that will
happen one of these days.
For anyone here, if you are anywhere near western PA, you might be able to
make it to an upcoming show that I will be having with another blind artist.
Suzanne Gibson is a painter who has Stargardts, and I am a fiber artist and
pottery and I have Ischemic Optic Neuropathy. We both have lost most of our
vision.
But, we are putting together a two person show that will open next March 7th
at Merrick Art Gallery in New Brighton, PA.  The show is called Vision and
Revision, and it will have braille labeling right with the well texts so
that it is blind friendly. It will also have a video of us working on our
art, using an Acrobat CCTV, and non-visually.  The show will travel to SIX
locations over a two year period. We have now scheduled THREE of them, and
will be scheduling the other three in the months ahead. It is a ton of work
to create and manage a show like this, but I think it will be well worth our
efforts when it is finally a reality.

Lynda McKinney Lambert