[Nfb-krafters-korner] Akiko Kotani fiber arts show - WAS: RE:Where is ev...

River Woman riverwoman at zoominternet.net
Tue Sep 10 17:24:18 UTC 2013

I am able to see high contrasts and since the show is all in black and
white, if I stand very very close to the work, I can see the black dots on
the white surfaces. Also, I am very familiar with her work since long before
I lost my sight, so my mind can fill in the details I cannot see - just from
habit. There will be "gallery walks" and "talks" where visitors can attend
and listen to discussions on the work, and go through it with docents which
is even better than a listening device since you can ask questions and
interact with the person giving the walks/talks.
Lynda