[Nfb-krafters-korner] Akiko Kotani fiber arts show - WAS: RE:Where is ev...

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 17:38:30 UTC 2013

How fantastic is that!

In a message dated 9/10/2013 1:24:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
riverwoman at zoominternet.net writes:

I am  able to see high contrasts and since the show is all in black and
white,  if I stand very very close to the work, I can see the black dots on
the  white surfaces. Also, I am very familiar with her work since long
before
I  lost my sight, so my mind can fill in the details I cannot see - just
from
habit. There will be "gallery walks" and "talks" where visitors can attend
and listen to discussions on the work, and go through it with docents
which
is even better than a listening device since you can ask questions  and
interact with the person giving the walks/talks.
Lynda