[Nfb-krafters-korner] glue: was Kumihimo Question

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 23:20:45 UTC 2014

Glue, sticky icky  is what I think about when using glue. However I have used it successfully with
macramé projects to keep the knots secure. I have found that some glues are more difficult to work
with than others. The most difficult glue for me to work with are Those glue sticks that one uses
with the glue gun, ouch very hot, never again, the glue turns into strands  and my fingers stick to
one another and my project . on the other hand, I have a bottle of fabric glue and I can use it
without making much of a mess.
The trick with the glue and the knots is to stick the end of the glue opening right into the knot
and give the bottle  a little squeeze, then squeeze the knot and then let it dry for 24 hours. If
it is clear drying glue you don't need to worry about also spreading some on the outside of the
knot.

Cathy F