[Nfb-krafters-korner] star in crochet?

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Fri Apr 4 05:08:50 UTC 2014

Hi terry and all
I am just starting to learn shapes and am by no means an expert.
For triangles, you generally start out with 2 chain stitches to form a point. You then work two stitches into the same stitch to increase the length of the rows.
For your question about the star. I was working on a flower motif last week that essentially looked like a star except for having 6 arms.
The pattern started out with me chaining and forming a ring, then crocheting in the round for a little. Then the arms were made by making chains and then flourishing their sides with stitches to make them fuller.
Sent from my iPhone