[Nfb-krafters-korner] pen friend idea

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 17:16:02 UTC 2014

Hi Terry,

There are endless possibilities for the pen friend.
When I was taking the safety pin beading classes I used plastic bags to store my completed pins.
Each bag had a pen friend tag to tell me whether it was the A pins or B pins etc. my tag also told
me how many pins were in the bag. Once my project was completed I would use the same bags with the
same labels and simply record over the tag with the new information for the pins on the next
project.
I also use plastic bags with pen friend labels to keep medication information. Medication name,
strength, when and how many to take, as well as number of refills left. When a new bottle comes in
I record over the existing tag with the new information.

I also have my dish washer buttons labeled and a reminder on the furnace telling me when I last
installed a filter so I know if it is time to get another. You can go on and on with it.
I purchased extra labels when I originally purchased the pen friend and have not yet needed to get
more.

Your idea of using the labels with the rubber bands then placing pen friend labels on them is good,
because it allows them to be re-used. Whether it is for yarn or even cans and boxes of food. Cathy