[Nfb-krafters-korner] finding good crafting eyes

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Tue Apr 8 20:45:19 UTC 2014

I start out by asking what the title is on the yarn.
I was just working with azailia.  An azaailia is a bright flower, to me.  Then I might ask, if I could not tell my self, what color is it.  It is pink.  Is it a multi?  Its different shades of bright pink.

Some yarn titles have the color hidden in their title.
Cobalt blue
I can never remember the difference between oatmeal and barley.  In my mind they both are a lite tan or creamy color.

I ended up taking home 3 scains of charcoal instead of black.  Someone said they were black and I thought they looked odd in the store, but until I put them up against the real black, I could not tell.  See, even the sighted make mistakes.  This lady wants to do transcribing and might join our NFB chapter and who knows, maybe our group, some day!
I never told her about the error.  I wanted the friendship, instead!

Terry P.