[Nfb-krafters-korner] attention macramé plant hanger students

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:16:23 UTC 2014

Hello to all who signed up for my Macramé plant hanger phone class. Class begins this week :
Thursday nights for 4 weeks April  17 and 24, and May 1 and 8,  at 8 p.m. eastern

I am waiting to receive the class list and phone number. However, since there is a bit of homework
preparation for this class, I am posting it here.

Sure hope you have all your supplies by now.

Cut twelve cords eighteen feet long. Then cut two cords three feet long.

When I measured my cord for cutting I found it helpful to  find something that was at least
eighteen feet long and lay the cords against that surface. In my case, the hallway leading to the
bedrooms and bathroom happens to be  exactly eighteen feet long, so I was good to go. I lay the
cord on the floor and stretched it down the hall on the carpet.

Anyhow, once you have cut all cords, secure the ends so they do not unravel. You can knot them, use
masking tape, or dip them in wax. If you are using polypropylene or paracord you can melt the ends
with a lighter. This last option is what I did, but I had my husband do it for me.

Next it is a good idea to fold each cord in half to find the center and mark it. I used a piece of
masking tape for this purpose.

Once your cords are ready you can bundle them up separately using yarn or twist ties so they don’t
get tangled up before class.

It is important to have your cords ready to go because it isn’t something you will be easily able
to do while on the phone.

So I sure am looking forward to teaching you how to make a plant hanger and begin my second one
along with you.

If you have any questions about the homework, email me at

flowersandherbs at gmail.com.

Cathy F