[Nfb-krafters-korner] Bead Loom Bracelet class

Cathy flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:58:09 UTC 2014

Hi Maria,

The generic name for the loom is beading loom. There are a number of types of beading looms, some
very expensive and these expensive ones are not the ones you would need for this class.  The looms
cost under $10.
Terry K posted a message describing the loom. And wrote in part:
"Loom I had was a rectangle with barrels of wood with a screw on one and then the thread was placed
on the wood barrels from left to right and the metal frame rested on a flat surface. You threaded
the seed beads forward to back or up and down on the long threads to make design."

I purchased one of these looms and it was called the BeadSmith Bead Loom Kit For Beginners. It is
on Walmart.com and I do not know if that site takes international orders but you can check and see.

Amy is teaching this class and I am looking forward to learning a new skill.

It is getting a bit confusing with three different bracelet classes being discussed all at once.
there is the bead loom bracelet, the wrapped beaded bracelet,  and the rainbow rubber band
bracelet. Hopefully we all can keep these straight, particularly me. <smile>
Cathy F