[Nfb-krafters-korner] Monday night chat, August 11, sewing and quilting

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 03:53:16 UTC 2014

I think this is a chat I proposed on piecing squares.  Depending on who is
there, we will start where the group is.  If people really want to make
Christmas pillows or bags, they should buy one yard of four different
Christmas prints.  Solid colors would be fine.  Five-inch squares are common
if you have some already cut, this will work.  I think there has been quite
a bit of discussion of cutting, but if we need to cover this, we will.  My
thought was to talk about how to assemble the squares for maximum interest.
It is not necessary to purchase anything ahead of time if you just want to
decide whether or not you want to do a project like this.  With four yards
of fabric in four different designs, it should be possible to make at least
four different pillows or bags.  They can be sewn with a sewing machine or
by handl.  Of course, the sewing machine makes a stronger seam.  These can
be a fun gift for Christmas and liven up your living room or family room.
Pillows can vary in size by simply adding or subtracting a square.

I don't object to recording the discussion, but I know nothing about how to
do it.
If this goes well, we can do a later class on how to line a bag or pillow or
pillowcase, just in case somebody wants to.
Ramona