[Nfb-krafters-korner] Pony Bead Candle Class

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Tue Aug 12 15:43:28 UTC 2014

August 13
5:00 Pacific Time, 6:00 Mountain Time, 7:00 Central,  8:00 Eastern

Call in on the chat line 605-781-1000   875029#

The project is a Christmas Candle by Danette Mullen

One thing I forgot to mention is that if you want to hang the candle with something you will need that item also.  I hooked my candle on a key chain clip.  You could also use a paperclip.

I was working with some students today on this project and they did have some trouble threading the thread through the beads.  One alternative we came up with was tying the end of the string to a small piece of pipe cleaner.  If you have a pipe cleaner you might want to have that ready too.  A needle or needle threader (the loop kind) would also work.

There is the supplies needed:

3  Yards of cord/thread
Keyring or hook
Scissors
Needle, Threader or small pieces of pipe cleaner
Pony Beads:
27 Red
8 Green
6 Yellow
20 Grey or Silver  (you could also use white or mother of pearl as this is for the candle holder.)

Something to hold your beads in like bowls, jars, medicine bottles, or a muffin tin.
A tray or cookie sheet to work on so you don't drop your beads all over the floor.

See you soon!

Cindy Z.