[Nfb-krafters-korner] Big Brag!

Michelle Creedy michelle.creedy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 03:22:57 UTC 2014

Hello! I'm excited to report that I've just finished my first hat on the
knitting loom.

This project is very special because the woman who mentored me and who I
called my blind mommy gave me that loom. Sorry if that term offends anyone
but she honestly was like another mother to me and she was the one who
pushed me really hard to embrace much of the federation philosophy.
Strangely, she wasn't an NFB member but I wouldn't be the cane user that I
am today if she didn't keep pushing. She gave me the confidence to believe
that some day, I can have children and be a successful blind mom. Sharon
gave me a ball of yarn to start me off and she'd put a few stitches on for
me too. So, I want to dedicate my first hat to Sharon. I used to call Sharon
Sweetpea so this is my Sweetpea hat. There's another Sweetpea hat on the
loom and it's wonderful to be knitting with a loom and with yarn that my
dear Sharon would have touched. She died not long after she gave me the
loom. It's her birthday on Friday!

A lovely legacy from my Sweetpea.

Michelle