[Nfb-krafters-korner] fine motor and kids

Henrietta Brewer gary.brewer at comcast.net
Thu Aug 28 22:46:23 UTC 2014

Here are a couple of flower ideas I remembered.

If you have any dandaline stems in your yard, pick them. Two people crawling around the grass should look interesting.  Now make a chain with the stems. Putting the larger end into the smaller ends.

Do you remember making flowers by cutting a strip of construction paper the long ways and cutting into one end with small cuts close together? Then curl the little cuts. Now roll the flower into a long curly , maybe lillac? You should have a bit of a stem at the bottom. Glue or tape it so you now even have the round stem.  I would start a child with a three inch strip that is the length of your paper. Cuts could even be three quarters of an inch apart. Then start working on making a more delicate flower.

Henrietta