[Nfb-krafters-korner] My craft projects

Jeri Milton jerimilton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 13:29:03 UTC 2014

Ok well, I use to live in a very small town where my mom and I took hand quilting classes in a little one room school house. I loved it so much. Just a small group of us local ladies getting together for coffee and quilting on a mid week evening. Oh it was so much fun.
I started making a quilt quilt there called the Grandmothers Flower Garden. I found it so easy to make the flowers out of I think...hexigon shapes? You have the center and then 6 pettles around the center. Mom woulg cut the shapes and do the paper piecing and I would do the sewing. It was so much fun driving into the city to go pick out the different fabrics for the flowers too.
I made so! many! flowers! Now that I've made them all...mom and I are stumped lol. Can't figure out how to connect them all! So I'm thinkin about laying the flowers individually on blocks, stitching them down and then making it a tied quilt. Now mind you, this has been a work in progress for  many years now. Sometimes the desire to sew just isn't there for me.

I've also made small hand stitched Christmas stockings and other tree decorations.
Now, I'm finally getting started working on shadow boxes and bird houses using minitures to create seens. I absolutely love minitures and have always wanted to do this.

That's just a little bit more about me. I'm hoping to really get moving on crafting and who knows maybe get good enough or confident enough to sell some of my work.

Sent from jeri's