[Nfb-krafters-korner] ot: having to have surgery

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Dec 4 17:21:00 UTC 2014

Melissa, I broke my left wrist. The cast was such I could not yarn over. I
crochet. So using a table, my bed,  for fun, I learned how to slowly
crochet. In fact, I put a couple rows on my poncho I was making for myself,
smile. I learned how to type on my computer using only my right hand and
keep up with my email lists. Stay determined and give it a whirl before
surgery. Remember the home row F and J of your keyboard are your best
friends. So mark them to help you along. Think about the letters those keys
represent and what other keys are within easy reach.

Now you are going to be uncomfortable right after surgery, but later you
will be bored most likely and want to catch us up or like someone said take
classes. So give it a think and a real try using only one hand to do lots of
things safely before surgery. Try not to move your shoulders or head very
much because frankly I imagine, after surgery that will hurt. I am not the
expert on how much you will be able to move your right arm a couple weeks
post-surgery. So that is why I use the word,  imagine.

Becky and sweet Jake