[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet hook sizes

Lisamaria Martinez lmartinez217 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 23:58:49 UTC 2014

Hello,

There is a S hook out there. I believe it is a 19 MM hook. I thought
that Q and S were possible the same, but I believe a Q hook is 15 MM.

Hook sizes by letters can be tricky because they aren't all created
equal. P hooks are usually 10 MM but I've seen 10 MM hooks labeled as
N. The N hooks in my case though are 9 MM.

Here's a table explaining the conversions. It also includes the UK
conversions. (JAWS users should use shift, alt arrows to read through
the table more easily.)

http://www.karpstyles.com/crochet/hook-chart.html

although the S or 19 MM does not exist in this chart, it really does
exist because I own one.

LM