[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Tue Feb 4 18:45:41 UTC 2014

Lillie, boy it honestly depends on how you crochet how many skeins you will
use. Try twenty for a 60 by 70 inch afghan. Better to have to much then not
enough. You can always take back what you don't use. I am using a fairly
loose double crochet and bought twenty seven skeins for this seventy five by
seventy five afghan. I want though to make a wide border so will pull out
two or three skeins.

Lion Brand has a chart that wil help some.

Can I change hooks, grown, not really. You will get a ballooning affect
which will look weird if not done right. I have a sweater pattern where you
change needles, I for the waste band and K for the body of the sweater. I
haven't looked at thatpattern in ages, so can't sware I remember the needle
sizes.

Seriously, always do a small piece called a swotch to see if the size of the
needle is pleasant to the stitch and affect you want to achieve.

So your choice to tare out or continue on with the same nedle, sorry.

Becky who has torn out many times, sy.