[Nfb-krafters-korner] Fwd:www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/SN0160_0.pdf

Deb Trevino debra_trevino at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 10 17:11:24 UTC 2014

Here you go.

yarn basket

Knitting Needles: 5.5mm [US 9].

Yarn needle, 2 toothpicks, 2 round beads, craft glue.

Gauge is not critical for this project.

Seed St (Worked over an odd number of sts)

Row 1: K1 * p1, k1; repeat from * across. Repeat Row 1 for Seed st.

BASKET

With A, cast on 19 sts. Marking first row as the right side, work in Seed st
until piece measures 2 1/2" from beginning, end by working a wrong side row.

Divide for Handle: Bind off first 8 sts, continue in pattern over next 3 sts
(including st on needle after bind-off) for basket handle, bind off
remaining 8 sts.

Join yarn to remaining sts and work even until handle measures 4" or desired
length for hanging. Bind off.

FINISHING

Fold basket in half and sew side seam. Sew end of handle to top

edge of basket at seam. Sew bottom seam.

Wind off a small ball (about 1" in diameter) each of B, C, D and

E and arrange in basket. Pin or glue ends in place. Glue bead to

tip of each toothpick for knitting needles and place in basket as

desired.

This is the perfect ornament to give all your yarn loving friends, and even
those who never touch a needle...they'll  remember that their "friend who
knits" gave it to them.

STITCH NATION by Debbie StollerT Full o' SheepT, Art. T100 available in 3.5
oz (100 g); 155

yd (142 m) balls.

MEDIUM

ABBREVIATIONS: A, B, C = colors A, B, C; K = knit; mm = millimeters; p =
purl; st(s) = stitch (es); * or ** = repeat whatever follows the * or ** as
indicated.

SN0I60

EASY

Designed by Scarlet Taylor.

Finished basket measures 3 1/2" x 3".

STITCH NATION by Debbie StollerT Full o' SheepT: 1 ball each 2205 Little
Lamb A, 2925 Passionfruit B, 2640 Thyme Poppy

©2011 Coats & Clark P.O. Box 12229 Greenville, SC 29612-0229

For more ideas & inspiration   www.redheart.com

  www.stitchnationyarn.com www.   coatsandclark.com