[Nfb-krafters-korner] attention board members

slery slerythema at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 08:24:24 UTC 2014

Diane,

What do you get for your $10 in the Diabetic division?

When I was in the student division, I cannot say that there were a lot of
"tangible" benefits for my dues. I did get the benefit of wisdom from other
students by asking questions and there were some nice door prizes at
convention (if you attended). However, the classes that we hold (equal to or
better) can be compared to classes that are held at your local craft store
or even online. Those classes are usually $25-50 a piece and rarely include
supplies.

Just something to consider. We want make sure we remain affordable for all
blind people but we have to make the decision of either raising more funds
or providing less. Unfortunately, there is only so much that can be
maintained with volunteers (and trust me, Joyce and I have pushed that area
as far as possible for over a two year period of making it work).

Cindy S.
PS A great BIG, BIG thank you goes out to those that do volunteer on a
regular basis.

On